March 4, 2019
RETURNING STUDENT REGISTRATION – If you have not completed your student’s returning student registration, please do so ASAP to ensure your child is assigned to a classroom. If you are in need of assistance, please contact the office at 916-771-1700, option 6.
BOX TOP COLLECTION – We will be collecting Box Tops the week of March 4 – 8, with donuts coming on Friday, March 8. Please make sure your students label their envelopes (bags of 25 each) so they receive credit and get their donut.
MONDAY PLC SCHEDULE REMINDER – Please remember that every Monday is a PLC schedule with students being released at 1:43 pm. All students should be picked up no later 1:55 pm as we do not have supervision for students after that time.
MINIMUM DAY – Wednesday, March 6 will be a PLC schedule and students will be released at 1:43 pm. Please make arrangements to have your student picked up no later than 1:55 pm. Thank you.
iREADY & CHOIR MORNING DROP-OFF REMINDER - Please remember that students should not be dropped off for Choir or iReady any earlier than 5 minutes prior to the start of the program. Students not signed up for a morning program are not to arrive prior to 8:25 am. ALL students attending programs must check in with the office and are not to go directly to the classroom. Thank you.
PARKING LOT – Quick reminder to follow all parking lot rules to ensure the safety of all students, staff and parents. No parking in ANY of the loops. The bus loop is not to be used for drop-off and pick-up at any time. We have buses that arrive throughout the day beginning early in the morning till after school has let out.
CALLING THE OFFICE – At any given time the office can be inundated with calls, students and parents. If you’re calling the office and get our voicemail and it is not an emergency, please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon we can. Below is a list of preferred options to use when requesting or reporting information…
- REPORTING AN ABSENCE – Please use the absence mailbox at 916-771-1705.
- EVENTS – Please utilize the calendar for information on all events.
- BIRTHDAY MARQUEE – Please email the PTC Birthday Marquee coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YEARBOOKS – Please email the PTC Yearbook coordinator at email@example.com.
- MESSAGES TO STUDENTS – To avoid classroom interruptions, we ask that you please email your child’s teacher any non-urgent messages that need to be passed on and include the office. School Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org, Admin Secretary – email@example.com. For additional staff contact information please refer to the Blue Oaks website.
- SCHOOL MESSENGER – In an effort to get information out to families in a timely manner we have begun to use an automated school messaging system. If you receive a call from the school, please check your voicemail before calling the office. If we are trying to reach you for an emergency we will continue to call until we make contact.
REPORT CARDS – Will be sent home on Friday, March 8th.